Finding Your Why
Help your organization find its purpose within your campus community by remembering why it began in the first place.
Taking on leadership in an organization is no easy task. You may have inherited a group that has struggled or coming into a well-oiled machine and struggling to find your place. Finding Your Way allows you to look at your personal “WHY ” your motivation for joining the organization as just a member and then hearing the call to take a lead. The workshop has been developed to help you use that motivation to not only serve as the thing to keep you going but also what helps you move forward through the ups and downs of your organization. Finding Your Why helps you become a more intentional leader, inspiring others to do the same. If your peers see your motivation and your desire to help the group grow together, the more impactful you will become.
This workshop can be done with a variety of student leader groups – whether they are an emerging leader, looking to take a role or were recently elected or hired. Participants will work through a set of exercises to better understand themselves as a person and leader through a values-based lens and how their why, combined with their strengths and opportunities for growth factor into action. Participants will then complete an analysis of the organization they are leading to see where they as a leader can make the most impact, keeping that motivation and their values as the core along the way. At the end, participants will take their own personal leadership identity and the current state of their organization and combine them to build an action plan for positive change.
As a result of this program, students will learn:
- how to understand their own “why” for being involved on campus and choosing to lead an organization,
- more about their personal values, strengths, and opportunities for growth,
- how to use their motivation and energy to make an impact within their organization,
- more about the current state of their organization and ways they can be the best asset to their group, and
- how to set tangible goals for future improvement.
What CAS learning and development outcomes does this workshop focus on?
- Interpersonal competence
- Practical competence
- 4-hour interactive workshop
- Includes a participant workbook and post-assessment
- Often used as part of an existing training
Who is this ideal for?
- Fraternity and Sorority Life Organizations
- Student Organizations
- Student Government
- Large Campus Committees
For more information about the Finding Your Why Workshop, call 1 (844) 745-8570 or email [email protected].
“This program can greatly impact our campus because it allows multicultural organizations to have their voices heard and to learn in a comfortable and familiar setting.”
– Maria, Loyola Marymount University
“I really enjoyed the program. I feel that it made us all think of things with an open mindset as well as making adjustments to our organizations as a whole.”
– Steven, University of Wisconsin, Madison