“I personally learned how to better market my sorority through social media. As a result of the workshop, I have already made adjustments to my sorority’s Twitter and Facebook accounts.”
– Claire, Ball State University
“The #SIGworks workshop really made me take a much deeper look at how my personal and organizational lives are portrayed on social media. With that deeper look, it also sparked an interest in the social media field that goes beyond the everyday run of Facebook.”
– Blake, Hanover College
More and more, student leadership is happening online. Every time fingers touch a smart device, leadership is happening. Welcome to the age of digital leadership.
We know a leader’s actions affect his or her ability to influence peers and the campus environment. But are we discussing what this means in terms of ethics of online interactions and competing digital demands of student leaders? When is the last time you asked how digital leadership contributes to student leaders’ effectiveness, happiness, and sense of self?
Strong Signals is an interactive workshop that asks these vital questions. In this workshop, students will evaluate their personal and organizational online behavior as well as their own digital identity. They will develop creative strategies to represent themselves and promote their organizations in social media and crisis management skills Throughout the workshop, the facilitator will highlight messages about character development, leadership, public relations and organization marketing and individual mental health and wellness.
If you feel like social media is the great “uncontrollable element” of today’s student leadership, you’re right. The best way to positively influence what happens in the great space of digital interaction is to give your students thoughtful ways to plan, react and strategize. Strong Signals gives student leaders a sense of empowerment to achieve their goals and maintain positive, authentic identities amid the chaos.
- As a result of attending this program, students will learn:
- How to evaluate their personal and organizational online behavior
- How to explore their digital identity
- How to develop a strategy to creatively represent themselves and promote their organization using social media
- How to develop crisis management skills and apply them when responding to a mock social media crisis
What CAS Learning and Development Outcomes Does this Workshop Focus On?
- Practical competence
- Intrapersonal development
- 3-hour interactive workshop
- Includes a participant workbook and post assessment
- Often used as part of an existing training
Who Is This Ideal For?
- Student Organizations
- Student Government
- Fraternity and Sorority Life Organizations
- First Year Students
For more information about the Strong Signals Workshop, call 1 (844) 745-8570 or email [email protected].