PITCH by CAMPUSPEAK
Have you ever seen Shark Tank? Would you like to pitch your idea to solve a campus issue by planning a large educational initiative? What kind of impact could you make on your campus in a particular area? What could you do with $15,000.00 of educational resources to address an issue on your campus? CAMPUSPEAK would like to work with you! Do you have an innovative solution to make change happen, but don’t have the resources to execute all the educational components necessary for a comprehensive approach?
Registration is now open!
The deadline to apply is:
AFLV-Central is February 6, 2019
AFLV-West is April 10, 2019
Last February, I took a chance on a competition that ended up giving me confidence in myself to create meaningful and lasting change at Wright State University (WSU). While it (PITCH) seemed intimidating, I believe that the experience of competing in PITCH has really changed me for the better. Without it, I would not have had the push to begin creating the position of diversity and inclusion chair and creating a sustainable way to change Wright State University for the better.
PITCH BY CAMPUSPEAK is an opportunity for greater thinkers and doers to gather, formulate new ideas, and pitch their proposal to make a significant impact on their campus. Pitches should be engaging, solution-focused and have a long-term impact on campus. Pitches will be heard at the AFLV-Central and West 2019 conferences and one winning Pitch will be selected to be implemented in Fall 2019. Winners of PITCH BY CAMPUSPEAK receive up to $15,000.00 in CAMPUSPEAK programs and services.
PITCH BY CAMPUSPEAK has been designed for attendees of the AFLV-Central and AFLV-West Conferences. PITCH teams should be composed of up to 4 undergraduate student leaders and either 1 graduate student or professional from the institution.
Guidelines for the Pitch
A total of 10 teams (up to 5 at each conference) will be accepted for PITCH BY CAMPUSPEAK.
* Each Team will have the opportunity to create a PITCH that can be up to 10 minutes long. During the PITCH teams will need to present on the following:
- What is the issue?
- What is the desired impact on your campus population?
- How will a CAMPUSPEAK speaker/Interactive Workshop/custom program/online education/consulting impact this issue your campus is facing?
- Who is the audience you will be targeting to reach?
- Teams must use four of the five services offered by CAMPUSPEAK
- Teams will be able to utilize multimedia, PowerPoint, and handouts
- The winning PITCH team would provide a comprehensive approach to address their campus issue through multiple program offerings by CAMPUSPEAK
- PITCH will be presented to a panel of four judges
* Upon registration, teams will receive the official rules for PITCH.
There will be one winner. Total value is estimated between $12,000.00 – $15,000.00 and will include the following:
The campus can choose two of the following three educational programs:
- CAMPUSPEAK Interactive Workshop
- CAMPUSPEAK customized program
- CAMPUSPEAK keynote speaker from our roster providing:
- one 60-75 minute consultative small group session with campus leadership team,
- one 60 minute keynote session, and
- one 60-75 minute Q&A or small group follow-up to keynote presentation.
In addition, the campus will receive:
- Ready to implement, fully designed, educational awareness campaign including campus customized, branded collateral for digital and print duplication
- Pre and post assessment designed to measure the impact of the educational initiative upon the intended audience
- Marketing campaign, developed by CAMPUSPEAK, inclusive of digital marketing for the campus to utilize