Finding Your Why
▪Motivation & Inspiration
It is fundamental that leaders know their WHY so they can inspire others to act to leave a legacy for years to come.
Finding Your Way is a program that allows participants to examine their personal WHY and what their leadership calling is. Finding Your Why helps you become a more intentional leader, so you can inspire others to do the same. When your peers see your motivation and your desire to help a group grow you will have the ability to impact your community.
This workshop can be done with a variety of student leader groups – emerging leaders, students looking to take on a new leadership role, or seasoned student leaders – it is critical that no matter what stage in life we are at that we understand our WHY.
Students will participate in a series of exercises to help them better understand themselves as a person, better understand their leadership style, and participants will come to know their personal WHY, so that they can inspire others to act. Participants will also have the opportunity to complete an analysis of their student organization and develop a framework of how they can have the most impact on campus. By the end of the program, participants will have developed a personal action plan for both their self and their organization to lead a legacy on campus.
As a result of this program, students will learn:
- how to understand their own “why” for being involved on campus and choosing to lead an organization,
- more about their personal values, strengths, and opportunities for growth,
- how to use their motivation and energy to make an impact within their organization,
- more about the current state of their organization and ways they can be the best asset to their group, and
- how to set tangible goals for future improvement.
What CAS learning and development outcomes does this workshop focus on?
- Interpersonal competence
- Practical competence
- 4-hour interactive workshop
- Includes a participant workbook and post-assessment
- Often used as part of an existing training
Who is this ideal for?
- Fraternity and Sorority Life Organizations
- Student Organizations
- Student Government
- Student Programming Boards
- Large Campus Committees
“This program can greatly impact our campus because it allows multicultural organizations to have their voices heard and to learn in a comfortable and familiar setting.”
“I really enjoyed the program. I feel that it made us all think of things with an open mindset as well as making adjustments to our organizations as a whole.”