Let’s inspire students to take their leadership to the next level.
In 2012, CAMPUSPEAK Interactive Workshops launched “Building New Leaders,” a workshop for emerging student leaders. That workshop helped potential student leaders think about the kind of leader they want to be, and how they might contribute to the campus community. The workshop has been so successful that many customers started asking for the next thing – a version for more established student leaders. That’s why we created Leadership Plunge! This is the workshop for your engaged student leaders looking to kick their skills up a notch in a thoughtful, strategic way. In the Leadership Plunge Interactive Workshop, your student leaders will examine their current leadership styles, diving deeper into situational leadership theory, in a highly interactive setting. They will discover where they waste time and learn the critical skills to help them succeed in the areas of student leadership that frustrate and hold them back. One of the biggest takeaways from this workshop will be the discussion of “crucial conversations” – those difficult times when student leaders need to hold their friends and members accountable for their choices. Student leaders frequently regard this as their most exhausting and draining challenge, and Leadership Plunge helps them practice these skills in a supportive environment. In the course of the 3-hour workshop, student leaders are encouraged to commit to a campus culture of higher accountability for all students. Best of all, participants leave with a “leadership blueprint.” They set goals for their future involvement with an eye toward the most effective uses of their time. The CAMPUSPEAK facilitator will work to create a fun, meaningful experience, and your students will emerge as a more connected group – ready to lend support to each other as they plunge into the challenges that lie ahead.
Learning Outcomes As a result of this program, students will learn:
- how to identify personal leadership styles that are utilized on a day-to-day basis,
- how to examine how their leadership values translate into actions,
- how to effectively navigate through different real life scenarios utilizing Situational Leadership Theory,
- how to create alignment and agreement by fostering open dialogue around high-stakes, emotional, or risky interactions, and
- how to create a course of action to continue developing their leadership abilities.
What CAS learning and development outcomes does this workshop focus on?
- Practical competence
- Knowledge acquisition, construction, integration, and application
- 4-hour interactive workshop
- Includes a participant workbook and post assessment
- Identifies aspects of a “leadership toolkit” such as values, communication and creating a plan
Who is this ideal for?
- Student Organizations
- Student Government
- Fraternity and Sorority Life Organizations
- Residence Hall Associations
- Executive Boards
“Leadership Plunge was a great way to start the year off for our new group of students coming together to work for the first time. Students laughed, shared, and learned together as they prepared for the year ahead. This was the best retreat SGA has had in years!”
“The facilitators I’ve seen and had experience with have all been very dynamic and truly know the subject they are presenting.”