Building New Leaders Council Surge Crossing The Line Decision SCOPE Elephants & Onions Finding Your Why Leadership Plunge Limitless Leadership Masculinity Project PersonalPower: A RESPONSE ABILITY Workshop Recruitment Boot Camp SALAD The Intake Equation
What does it mean to be a man in today’s society? What expectations do men put on themselves? The Masculinity Project Interactive Workshop encourages students to dive into the societal structures, the pressures surrounding masculinity, and how they can combat their challenges. Students will learn how to tell stories about how they felt pressured to meet the expectations and standards that society has for men and the effect of those pressures. Participants will also reflect on how they have pushed back against standards and their peers’ responses. Lastly, students will develop action plans on how they can create change in their daily lives, organizations, and communities to break down the societal constructs of masculinity.
As a result of this program, students will learn:
- How to cultivate the skills to share their own story and further understand the correlation between sharing stories and the advancement of them as an individual and their chapter or organization.
- How to identify and work with allies who can support them in creating sustainable change.
- How to explore and gain an understanding of their dominant male gender norms, and how they are received by others.
- How to create tangible goals and start action planning for the ways to ignite and generate change within their chapter or organization.
- Personal Growth
What CAS learning and development outcomes does this workshop focus on?
- Interpersonal competence
- Cognitive complexity
- 4-hour interactive workshop
- Includes a participant workbook and post assessment
- Often used as part of an existing training
Who is this ideal for?
- Student Organizations
- Student Government
- Fraternal Organizations